Your green card is conditional and valid for two years based on marriage to a U.S. citizen. You must file an application to remove the conditional status within 90 days of the expiration of the two year period.

A conditional resident is eligible to remove the conditions on permanent residence if he or she:

  • Is still married to the U.S. citizen or permanent resident sponsor after two years.
  • Is a child and validly cannot be included in his or her parents’ application.
  • Is a widow or widower who entered the marriage in good faith.
  • Is divorced from the sponsor spouse, but entered the marriage in good faith.
  • Entered the marriage in good faith, but either the conditional resident or their children were abused by the sponsor spouse.

For a Free Consultation, contact us at (213) 624-1793 or