Watch Video


40 Plus Years Experience Representing Clients In Immigration Cases

Family Petitions

Fiancé Visa

Removal of Conditional Status


Non-Immigrant Temporary Visas

Employment-based Green Cards

Deportation and Removal Defense


Immigration Consequences of a Criminal Conviction

Armand Avazian

40 Plus Years Experience Representing Clients In Immigration Cases

Immigration is one of the most complicated areas of United States law. If you, a friend or family member are seeking admission or legal status in the U.S. by way of a visa or green card, facing deportation or other immigration issues, it is critical for your lawyer to have experience and be familiar with the statutes, regulations, and procedures that impact your case.

At the Law Offices of Avazian & Avazian in Los Angeles, California, we have over 40 years of immigration experience handling the following immigration issues:

Family petitions

If you are a U.S. citizen, you may be able to sponsor your spouse, child, parent or siblings for a green card. Even a family member with a green card can petition his or her spouse and children.

Fiancé Visa

If you intend to get married in the U.S. to someone from another country, you will likely need to obtain a visa in order to allow your fiancé to enter the U.S. before your wedding. If your fiancé enters on a fiancé visa, you must get married within 90 days from the date of entry in order for your spouse to be eligible to adjust his/her status to permanent resident.

Removal of Conditional Status:

Your green card is conditional and valid for two years based if based on marriage to a U.S. citizen.  You must file an application to remove the conditional status within 90 days of the expiration of the two year period.


If you have been living in the United States with a green card for three years (by way of marriage petition) or five years (by any petition), you may be eligible to apply for U.S.citizenship.

Non-immigrant temporary visas:

You may be eligible to enter or stay in the United States by way of a non-immigrant temporary visa.  Our clients include employees and employers seeking to work, employ or sponsor through the H-1B (specialty occupation workers), L-1A (intracompany transferees in an executive or managerial position), L-1B (intracompany transferee with specialized knowledge), 0-1  (persons of extraordinary ability), E-1 (treaty traders), E-2 (treaty investors), and R-1 (religious workers).

Employment-based Green Cards:

In certain circumstances, workers can obtain green cards on the basis of their employment, whether it is skilled or unskilled jobs.

Avazian conference
Avazian immigration law

Deportation & Removal Defense:

Immigration Customs and Enforcement (ICE) is vigorously enforcing the immigration laws to detain and take into custody anybody who is not a citizen and is in the U.S. illegally, overstayed their visa or committed a deportable crime. Our office assists in fighting your removal from the U.S. by researching and presenting any and all forms of relief and defenses that may be available to you.


As a result of people facing persecution in many countries throughout the world, we represent those who seek freedom and asylum in the United States.

Immigration Consequences of a Criminal Conviction:

If you have been convicted of an aggravated felony, certain misdemeanors or crimes of moral turpitude or violence, you may be placed into deportation or removal hearings.  We will thoroughly evaluate your criminal conviction to determine if you are deportable.  Additionally, it may be necessary to try to vacate or modify your criminal conviction by filing the appropriate motion with the criminal court.  If the motion is granted, a change of your criminal plea is possible and you may avoid the type of conviction that would otherwise make you deportable or ineligible for certain forms of relief such as Asylum, Withholding of Removal, Convention Against Torture, Cancellation of Removal and Adjustment of Status.

Free Consultations (213) 624-1793 or

Serving Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties